Here’s a run-down of my week in a series of bullet points:
- Finally got back to making salads for lunch – BOOM!
- Randomly ended up having lunch with my tap teacher and her sister
- Nailed the advanced beginners tap routine
- Had another go at improvisation (one at a time, call & response, in a circle – argh!)
- Intermediate tap was extremely challenging, but I loved it!
- Switched to advanced beginners daytime class for next half term (starting 8th Nov)
- Booked an Afternoon Tea & Spa for 1st Nov…can’t wait!
We now have a two week break from tap, and I am not going to do any dancing in that break. Last year I booked a place on a La La Land Tap workshop at the Arts Ed school in Chiswick (West London) and then didn’t go because I’d had a bad day at work and I was DONE. My natural leaning is always to do more, but I am trying to do less – any dancing that I do will be in my garage! In the meantime, I am getting ready as early as possible for the 4 Christmas fairs I’ll be doing with my soap business.
Do you watch Strictly Come Dancing? Maybe you watch Dancing with the Stars if you’re in the US or elsewhere. My favourite couple is Ashley Roberts (from the Pussycat Dolls) and her professional partner Pasha Kovalev (Pashley hahaha). She did an amazing cha cha and I LOVED their Dirty Dancing salsa routine! All the routines are on the BBC Strictly YouTube channel. I really want to learn to cha cha, but I’m going to park that ambition for now…