As we near the end of 2019, I thought I would share with you my list of 12 highlights of the year:
- Amazing trip to Edinburgh in January, my first time in Scotland (not counting a coach trip to the port of Stranraer to catch a ferry to Northern Ireland)
- My second Tap Dance Festival UK Winter Intensive in Salford in February – learnt loads and hung at lunchtime with a pal from my London class.
- Realising that I need to get back into writing!
- Sucking up my nerves to attend another tap improvisation workshop
- Summer tap dance intensive in Covent Garden in July…although I only managed one day of three
- A relaxing sunny beach weekend in Dorset, with delicious Thai food!
- Northern Ballet’s Cinderella at the Sheffield Lyceum, also my first time in Sheffield
- Being able to replace our horrible carpets at home with new carpet and wood-like flooring
- DIY Farrow & Ball kitchen makeover
- Rhythm of the Dance and Heartbeat of Home (Irish Dance shows)
- Learning to play beginner’s level ukulele and performing at the end of term Christmas concert
- Completing and passing 2 more modules of my HR course
Next year I would really like to attend some writing workshops and maybe try to get something submitted and published again (e.g. articles, reviews) like I did when I was a student. I’d also like to get a new job…
What were your highlights of 2019? What are your hopes for 2020?