I bought myself a mini light box this week to keep me awake and motivated at work in the afternoon during the dark winter months – BOOM! Let’s see if it works…
Speaking of light, my SO and I went to watch the fireworks at a local school on Saturday evening to celebrate Guy Fawkes Night. Last year’s display was so good (way above our expectations of a primary school) so when this year’s display began it seemed a bit lame…but once it got going it was AMAZING! They also had a BBQ, so we enjoyed a burger and some tomato soup, oh and a cup of mulled wine!
Yesterday our systems all went down at work, including internet and phones, so after sitting around for a while and finding out that it could be 4 hours until IT diagnose the problem before even attempting to fix it, we all abandoned ship and went home. I got home by 1pm after a quick stop by the vet to pick up flea treatment for my cat, and had some lunch while seeing if I could log into my work system – nope! (Actually, we couldn’t log in again until gone 4pm). So, what did I do?
- Topped up a plant in my front ‘garden’ with special compost supplied at the weekend by the inlaws
- Raked leaves off the lawn ready for Wednesday collection
- Did a ballet workout dvd which was extremely taxing on the thighs! (Aiming to do this again tonight)
- Had a relaxing hot bath while watching a couple episodes of Sabrina the Teenage Witch (old Melissa Joan Hart series, not the new Netflix one LOL)
- Unblocked the gunked up sink plug hole in the bathroom
- Made a spicy bolognese sauce
- And then a bit of actual work once I could log into the system again!
I’m going to try and keep up the ballet workout as much as I can to build up the muscles around my knees, which have been suffering a little with my rhythm tap practice. I also need to get my core back in shape too, and ballet is definitely an ALL-OVER body toner. After swimming at the spa last Thursday, I’d quite like to get back into swimming on Friday lunchtimes, but it might be one thing too many at the moment.
In the meantime, roll on Thursday’s advanced beginners tap class!
3 thoughts on “An Alternative Monday”
Love the light box! Would love to know if it helps!
Thanks! I really think it’s having a positive effect in the afternoons.
That’s awesome! I’ve put one on my Christmas list for this year, winters can be rough 🙂